The Trivia Page
Whether or not you are a Killarney resident, a frequent summer visitor, a former resident, or too young to know the answers to the following questions, you will find this page enjoyable. It is meant to be informative as well as entertaining.
Who was the last couple married in St. Joseph'sChurch?
(St. Joseph's was built in 1885 and replaced by the present church -- St. Bonaventure's -- in 1951.)
Who was the first couple married in St. Bonaventure's Church?
(St. Bonaventure's was built in 1951 and replaced St. Joseph's -- built in 1885.)
In what year did the original Lourdes Grotto (located on George Island, and restored in 1984) receive its solemn blessing?
In what year did Father McHugh, Killarney's parish priest from 1934-1957, celebrate his 25th Anniversary as a priest?
Which couples were married in the Triple Wedding of October 1935?
What became of the statue of St. Joseph that stood in front of St. Joseph's Church?
THE GENERAL STORE
What family first operated what is now Pitfield's General Store?
Whose hay wagon was taken apart, then put back together on the roof of the school one Hallowe'en night?
Who was the Town Constable at the time the above "hay wagon trick" took place?
Years ago, one of the most popular Hallowe'en tricks was tipping over someone's outhouse. On at least two different occasions, an outhouse was tipped over without the tricksters realizing it was "occupied". Which two gentlemen hold the distinction of being inside their outhouses at the time the tipping occurred?
THE POST OFFICE
Name three regular postmasters who handled the mail before Carol Proulx (the present postmaster) took the position.
What was the name of the mail boat owned and operated by Norman Beauvais?
(She carried the mail for 14 years before she was beached and set afire in July 1962 as part of the celebrations for the opening of Highway 637 to Killarney.)
In what year was the Township of Rutherford and George Island (now the Municipality of Killarney) first incorporated? Who were the first members of Council?
In what year was Joseph Roque's house (formerly the Adventure's Inn, now the Pines Inn) bought by the Sisters of St. Joseph?
Name two of the couples who, in the late 1940s and/or early 1950s, lived in the upstairs apartment(s) at Edgar and Virginia Loosemore's house.
Who originally owned Isadore & Marjorie Roque's house and where was it located?
Who belongs with each of the following nicknames?
Nonie Ducky Teapot Jo Dovey
Joe Alexis Wee Small Rugbear Celie
Jokey Wobby Baw